Friday, June 22, 2007

As you get older fridays go from partying to crocheting...


This came up when I was talking to Eric earlier... I asked if he was going out tonight and he said he wasn't too sure because he was tired... but it WAS Friday night and it would be a blow to the ego if he stayed home on a Friday night! Then I had to chuckle when I was sitting on my living room couch with Matt teaching me how to crochet. I guess we're getting older :)
Gillian initially taught me, but I don't think I spent enough time practicing each stitch and forgot. I then tried to teach myself but that was not cool. So Matt to the rescue! Who would have known that this guy could crochet. I was surprised! Anyways he was a good teacher once he stopped being a hard ass. I think it took me telling him that I felt like I was going to cry and he softened up. So far if I make one granny square a day I'll have this finished in a month.
Grand Mum is feeling better and mum suggested that I maybe wait until winter to give it to her because if I were to give it to her now, it may be discouraging for her or something like that. I think that's fine because I will probably want to keep my first crochet project.
This week has been a damn long one! With all the finals and exams it's left me worn out and tired. Today's exam, I failed. I actually failed the whole course. I don't know what to think really but for some reason I am not sad. Slightly disappointed but I want to take the course over again because I don't think the grade I got was acceptable. So I'm going to take Systemic Pathology again.
Tomorrow I have a quiz, which I didn't know about... but oh well I don't have a morning class, so I'll get up at my usual time, study then head to the market towards 11 to pick up what is needed for Italian night. I am quite excited for Italian night because everyone will be over. Deb and Geoff are coming up from Seattle, Auntie Madeleine & Uncle Raymond, Uncle Steve & Auntie Marcy are all coming over. Mum & Dad will be there too, along with my bro and Eric. And it's just going to be good food, good wine and good company. It really doesn't get any better then that.
Well I am going to hit the hay, I'm exhausted!

No comments: