Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Le Blues du Businessman

Test cake number 2 today... the flavor. Vanilla hazelnut cake with a chocolate hazelnut filling between the layers. It's been fun to make. Of course, while I am baking I am blasting the tunes. Today I am listening to old school Celine Dion. I grew up listening to Celine Dion and actually appreciate her music (I also know all the words so it's fun to belt out... to all my neighbors... sorry :) ). One of her songs 'le blues du businessman' remind me of life. I remember listening to it as a little girl and thinking that I never wanted to be like the businessman in this song. I've found the lyrics and translated them... I think it's a reminder to live life and live it like we want to live it. Or anyways that's what it is to me.

The blues of the businessman

I am successful in business
I am successful in love
I often change secretaries

I have my office in the top of a tower
From where I see the town upside down
From where I control my universe

I spent half of my live in the air
Between New York and Singapore
I always travel in first class

I have my second home
In all the Hilton's of the Earth
I can't accept the misery

I'm not happy, but I look like I am
I lost my sense of humor
Since I got my business sense

I succeeded and I am proud of it
In fact I only have one regret
It's not what I wanted to do

I wanted to be an artist
To be able to do my show
When the airplane touches the ground
In Rotterdame or Rio
I wanted to be a singer
To be able to shout who I am
I wanted to be an author
To be able to create my life
I wanted to be an actor
So I could always change my skin
And to find myself beautiful
On a big colour screen

I wanted to be an artist
So I could recreate my world
And live like a millionaire

I wanted to be an artist...
To talk about why I live.

Alright, so there's a reason why I am not a translator but you get the idea :) Filling is done! Time to work on the cake :)

No comments: