Thursday, May 7, 2009

Visit from chief examiners and last two writtens

Man oh man! What a day! We started with a visit from the chief examiners for the board exam... both the chief for the written and for the oral practical gave us a three and a half run down of what to expect. That will be a blog entry in itself. I am just going to wait until I am finished exams and I have a little bit more mental capability then now to write it. For now I am brain dead and tired.
At lunch we had a lovely surprise. Luanne and Rochelle dropped off flowers, grapes, champagne, sparking apple juice, crackers and cheese as a congratulations/hang in there for our finals! This was something that I offered the Grasshoppa class when they were writing their finals and I didn't realize how wonderful a gesture it was until it was given back. It put a smile on every one's face and really lifted our spirits.
In the afternoon we had two finals. Back to back. 130 questions for systemic treatment and 106 questions for orthopedic treatment. I normally don't have trouble writing exams and can be quite patient with it... today however... patience escaped me! By the time I was writing the systemic treatment final I couldn't wait for the final to be over. It seemed like I was turning page after page after page and I wasn't any closer to being finished! Mid way through I even started at the back of the exam and started going through the questions backwards... you know... just to change it up a little. By the end it felt like my brain had been dry heaving for a good 10 minutes. I was spent. Being Maja and I were going to study together, I waited for her.
When she came out from the exam she had a look of... well deer caught in head lights/ stunned/ disbelief... to ease our shared exhaustion, we went for a beer and a really good meal at Locus on Main street. We then had a nap! Mine was awesome! I drooled all over myself and my pillow! When I woke up I felt refreshed! We started to watch the game but then had to start studying. We've been studying since and we're ready for tomorrow's oral practical. Now we're just unwinding and watching TV and we'll be in bed before 11.
Anyways time to go tuck myself in! Good night :)

No comments: