Monday, May 25, 2009

Omegle

Matt suggested that I try omegle.com. This is a website that matches you with a complete stranger and you get to talk to them. You have no profile and they know nothing about you (not even a screen name). You see yourself as 'you' and the person you are speaking to is 'stranger'. It's an interesting concept and kind of fun if you have a bit of time to kill. I did have to have to chuckle at my first conversation with 'stranger'. After exchanging a hello, how are you, he replies with "if you don't msn i am going to kill myself".
Talk about putting a lot of pressure on someone you've just met!
Though we've continued to chat (through omegle.com) I am not interested in forming an Internet relationship with a 22 year old Italian male or with any other stranger for that matter. It's an interesting concept and I can see how it would entertain many for hours... currently there are 2472 people online for you to randomly chat with. Technology... it's kind of fun but it can also be a major waste of time. Speaking of wasting time, I am going to go make lunch then lay in my hammock and continue to read When the Body Says No by Dr. Gabor Mate. It's an awesome book about how stress affects our body. He's great at explaining it down to the cellular level in a way that I can understand.

No comments: