Sunday, May 3, 2009

Trying to make it real

This is what our Dean is doing for our final exams. As if 7 finals crunched into 5 days wasn't real enough! He's decided to shuffle our schedule around so that our finals week looks like the following:
Tuesday: Professional Development written, Pathology written and Anatomy and Physiology written
Wednesday: Recharge
Thursday: Visit from the chief examiner for the Board Exams in the morning. Orthopedic treatment written and Systemic treatment written
Friday: Orthopedic treatment oral practical
Saturday: Systemic treatment oral practical (my turn to do the OP is at 2:30 that afternoon so I should be finished by 4!!! Yippee!! :) )
I think he may have wanted to have all writtens on Tuesday however for some mysterious reason they're split up between two days. The change isn't all that bad actually. Though we've been writing exams every day for the past 2 or 3 months, we've yet to write a marathon exam (over an hour). Being our board exams will consist of 6 hours of writing, I think this will be good practice.
Am I nervous? Yes and no. I know what I need to look over. I know I won't be an ultra genius in Anatomy and Physiology. That will take time. But I am improving :) I'm smarter then I think I am and can figure most things out. I am quite proud of my history taking skills and treatment skills. Special testing and knowing the ins and outs of muscle palpation could use some sharpening. I'm not looking to be a perfect therapist. Not yet. I realize that will come with time and practice.

No comments: