Saturday, December 6, 2008

Rise and Shine

This morning I woke up at 6am... ready to tackle the world. I didn't wake up because I had to or because I had too much on my mind but my body was rested and ready to start the day. I thank lymph drainage for that.
Lymph drainage is definitely a unique creature. After the first day I felt exhausted, after the second I felt energized, after the 3rd I felt exhausted again and had a bit of an emotional reaction and after the fourth, and last I felt energized again and even stayed up until 11pm (which is a big deal for someone who's usually in bed before 9 on school days). The throat ow that I woke up with disappeared throughout the day and my body settled in to a general feeling of well being. This work is quite amazing. Looking at the case studies that we did, the work is also very powerful and yields great results. It's definitely something that I want to continue to work with and I am looking forward to taking the therapy 1, 2 and 3 classes. However this modality does not come easy.
I don't think I've ever felt so incompetent with a massage technique. Sure it's always a bit tricky to get into the groove of things when you first get started but even after 4 days of this stuff, I still have to think it through and go very slowly! Anyways I see that this work is worth the time and effort that I put in to it so I am still going to keep working at it.
Well since I am up this early, I am going to get started on writing the medical legal report... and then I'll work on A&P and then on lymph drainage (studying theory and hands on), then off to the library to work on pain and stress. The carrot at the end of stick is meeting Maja for Thai this evening and then spending the rest of the weekend with her studying and becoming smarter. It'll be great to have someone here that I can practice my hands on stuff with and they can practice it to. We can also work on the multitude of other assignments and tests that are due next week as well.
17 days until winter break/study break begins!

No comments: