Sunday, December 28, 2008

Back to postcards and daydreaming

This morning I find myself single again. I also find myself with a feeling of a weight being lifted. The past couple of days have been a tough one with Justin and I deciding whether we should be together or if we're just better apart. It would have been easy if he was a jerk or an asshole, but he's neither of those and that's what made the decision that much harder. Now I think we're on a course that is good for the two of us. Though we're no longer sharing each others life, we will still be close. I know I will make sure that he's doing well and that he stays happy. Whether I can do anything about it or not is something completely different.
So it will be interesting to see what 2009 brings. I head into it single and an extra bit more lonely since I've lost Minette. She'd been there through all my heart aches and heart breaks and this is the first I've tackled on my own. I miss her and this Christmas was an little bit tough. I missed her hiding under the tree, picking out the present that had cap nip in it and batting it around the living room... what was especially hard was seeing the piles of wrapping paper with no Minette underneath. She LOVED Christmas because of the multitude of boxes that were laying around and because of all the wrapping paper she could chase bows and ribbons in.
Anyways I will keep my head up and my smile on because that's how I feel inside. Despite the recent changes, I feel strong. Also very ready to tackle my last term at Utopia Academy. 2009 will be the year I graduate and also the year I become an RMT. That's quite exciting :) I've worked hard and I deserve it.

No comments: