Friday, December 5, 2008

Maybe I shouldn't have fallen asleep...

After a not particularly stressful day, I decided to swing by metrotown to pick up a couple of things for the OnSite Christmas. Things like window decals of snow flakes, wrapping paper and ornament hangers shouldn't have been hard to find... but they were. I sped walk through a mall that kept shouting BUY BUY BUY out at me and even though I only spent $1.14 for ornament hooks, I had an anxiety attack in the mall. Not surprising but still frustrating. Not having the courage to go buy paper I went home, defeated and exhausted. Mom and Dad were total heroes and went to Ikea to pick up the Christmas tree for OnSite while I was given time to go to sleep early... again at 7pm.
After lunch I felt a prickle in my throat. It kind of felt like a hair was stuck. After trying to remove it and almost making me throw up, I decided to leave it be and hope that it would travel during night time and I would wake and I would be all better. But that wasn't the case. After crying myself to sleep and sleeping a solid 9 hours, I woke up feeling like that little hair had transformed itself into many little razor blades. *sigh*
On the up side, I no longer feel like an emotional mess this morning... which is good. I also feel ready to tackle our last day of lymph drainage. There will be no extra class on Saturday because of the lack of interest (we need 6 in order to have a full class, 2 are interested, one of which is me). This is quite the good news because it allows me more then half a day to get ready for exams and such. It also looks like we'll be able to take this class in January in order to get the basic certification for manual lymph drainage. Many of the other girls are interested, however with our work load they don't really want to use this time to get the basic MLD certification. So I am gearing up for a full day at school, a shift at work and then a weekend filled with sleep and studying.
Can it be Christmas time yet?

No comments: