Monday, July 21, 2008

My sunburn reflects the brightness of my spirit!

The initial plan: Enjoy some folk music while laying on the beach (not inside the gates because we couldn't afford the $165 weekend pass).
What actually happened: Thanks to Vickis clever convincing, we ended up with free weekend passes to the festival! :)
We sang, we danced, we tapped our feet and listened to some fantastic music. The highlights of this weekend were: Osomatli, Tamara Nile, Delhi 2 Dublin, Hayley Sales, Les Chauffeurs a Pieds, Michael Franti and Spearhead, Spirit of the West and Jenn Grant. Trying to learn some African dancing was pretty rad as well :)
Best intro to a song goes to Les Chauffeurs de Pieds:
"Dees ees a song abouut some guys that order some food and when dees lady finds that they cannot pay. She kills them. Ok not kills them. Beats them... until they die... slowly"
The weekend was phenomenal. My body still aches from all the dancing and my throat is still sore from all the hooting and hollering but I wouldn't trade this for the world!
I even had a personal best record for "shortest time to have a lens cap in my posession". Less then a week and I lost the darn thing while jigging along to Spirit of the West. Darn! Oh well! Maybe I should start buying those things in bulk.

No comments: