Sunday, July 27, 2008

Done.

The Grasshoppa class is officially finished school! Yesterday I was supposed to go either bungee jumping or to meet with my tattoo artist (I've saved my pennies for an other one! YAY!). Instead I did neither. I decided that I would surprise the girls with a little something to celebrate with. Knowing that their last exam was at 1, I went there are noon and put a bouquet for each girl, a bottle of champagne, a bottle of sparkling apple juice (one of the girls is pregnant), a bottle of Perrier (one of the girls can't have sugar), brie, french bread, grapes and a box of Purdy's chocolate in their exam room with a congratulations note on the board.
I then run off to pick up the last couple non edible things for the cake (an other cake pan, a fondant rolling pin and poly something something pipe). Yeah I went to Home Depot to pick up the pipe and let me tell you... as a young woman in Home Depot you can ask for anything and you'll get it :) They were super helpful and even cut the 10 foot pipe into more manageable 5 foot pieces (so I didn't injure anyone on my bus ride home).
At 4 there was a special little ceremony for the girls that I attended. It was just the massage faculty getting together to celebrate their achievement :) Pre grad type of thing. There were a couple speeches but it was more just an opportunity to congratulate the girls on finishing the program! This was worth while going to because now I know that I have to get some waterproof mascara for the grad ceremony. I don't know if it was because I had only gotten two hours sleep the night before or if it's because I am extremely proud of the hard work these girls put in but I sure was teary eyed.
Darla and I went out for Havanas on Commercial Drive for dinner to celebrate her grad. That was quite nice but was interrupted by three guys walking down the street covered in blood and still bleeding (one guy looked like he was missing a chunk of the back of his head, he had blood running down the back of his shirt and everything). Fortunately Darla and I had finished our food and were just finishing our pitcher of Mojitos. Two cop cars, a fire truck and two ambulances showed up. The guys didn't put up a fight and after some fixing up of the bleeding guys they were whisked away in the ambulance. All of this happened about 20 feet from our table... it was quite the show.
Other then that I've been keeping busy with work. I've been banking hours because I will have to take the Tuesday and Wednesday of next week off to do the cake (luckily I have Monday off too). One of the girls in our department got fired so we're now 2 running the department. It's going well and I am still loving my job. So much so, I went in today for 6 hours of work (I was there at 10:30 but the store didn't open until 12... oops). All that is left for the cake is to buy the ingredients and make it. Making it starts on Friday. Hopefully I can go camping on Saturday and Sunday but that most likely won't happen. :( I really want to go because it's not often that I get to head to the okanagan with Mom, Dad, Uncle Steve, Auntie Marcy and my Auntie Mireille, Uncle Jeff, Katarina and Sophia (family from Winnipeg). I am finding it hard to justify spending $60 on the greyhound back to Vancouver. I guess if I stay in Van, I'll be spending that much anyways. It'll also be totally awesome to spend time with my two lovely little cousins :) They're so precious! I miss them tremendously (they arrive on Friday night and leave for camping early Saturday AM so it's not as if I will be able to see them before camping).
August will bring great things :) like the grad, my cousin is coming from Winnipeg to visit and I'll be looking for a place to move to. Hooray! I am also feeling more prepared for going back to school. This break has proven to be a great thing. I still have mixed feelings about my career as a massage therapist but at least the school isn't seeming so scary. I still have nightmares about it but I think I always will.
Anyways for now I am off to bed. Work tomorrow :)

No comments: