Monday, August 20, 2007

Outreach #2 Orientation: Friend for Life

Saturday was a busy day! At 12:30 we had our orientation at Friends for Life. This will be our second outreach for level 400. Friend for life seems like it's going to be a great outreach. It's a place where people with AIDS, Cancer, Hepatitis C and other "qualifying illnesses" can go for free treatments. The free treatments that they offer are massage (basic Swedish, Thai, Indian head, hot stone, Shiatsu), naturopathy, yoga, energy healing, reflexology, reiki and chiropractic. They also offer counselling , art therapy, herbology, traditional Chinese medicine and group support. All of the people who offer these services volunteer, that is why the services are free. It's really a fantastic place with a great vibe to it too.
I was so excited when I entered in the Friends for Life house because it's VERY similar to the type of business that I want to open when I graduate! Anyways I am really looking forward to this outreach. I think it's going to be a fantastic opportunity... it won't come without it's difficulties though.

No comments: