Monday, August 27, 2007

Fancy Boots fancy boots

Yes I am dedicating an entire entry to my kick ass boots! I take public transit and I have been for the past 9 years. I don't drive (it's on my to do list) so this is how I get from point A to point B. There are a few things that we have to get used to while living in Vancouver. The rain is one of them. All of last year, I was missing one very important element to my rainy day bus taking get up... Rain boots! All of last year, I dodged and tip toed around puddles on my way to school. I kept an eye out for rain boots but I couldn't seem to find any.
Yesterday my brother and I were in Winners. He was trying on some shoes and I was... well just there (it's a thing we do... when it comes time for back to school shopping, we go together. This year I am too broke to do any shopping, so my bro was the one doing the shopping). I spotted these beauties a few isles over. I tried them on and it was instant attraction :) You know what else is great about them? They were only $30! I am so damn proud of these things! When I came home, I showed Eric. I was like a little kid at Christmas. Now I can't wait for it to rain!!! Now I gotta get a matching umbrella!

The title of this blog is from a song that was on my Disney Sing along cassette when I was a kid. When I was in high school, my friend Jace and I watched (and sang along) to the cassette and our fave song (now our inside joke) is A Cowboy Needs a Horse. I don't know which movie it was from... it was an old clip so maybe it was just that, a clip. But anyways it's a good song :)

No comments: