Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Oakanagan

Less then 24 hours after arriving from Winnipeg, I was off again, but this time, to the Oakanagan. After Eric put in a half day at work, we set off to join my parents in the Valley.
Looking back, I am surprised how much we managed to pack in our short time there. We biked part of the Kettle Valley Railroad (well what used to be a railroad), wine tasted along the Naramata bench, played Boccee, had an outstanding lamb meal cooked on a wood fire, went peach picking (picked 42 pounds of peaches... the basement smells AMAZING!!), more wine tasting and ended our stay with a round of mini golf.
The highlight of that trip was sitting on the patio at Nk'Mip, with Eric, enjoying a wonderful lunch of duck and ostrich and watching the breath taking view of the valley. I really was in my element there. Outstanding food (I'd never tried duck or ostrich before), fantastic company and a really beautiful view.
The mini golf was damn fun as well! Ah well it was all good fun and it was great to get to share it all with Eric. Now I'm back at school and I've got to finish up an assignment and type up today's notes!

No comments: