Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Baby News!

So I am pretty stoked because my cousin Catherine is pregnant! She due on February 14th :) How cute :P She's happy too which is wonderful to see. I've started to crochet her a lemon yellow and white baby blanket... It's SO cute and delicate! I love it!
My cousin Remi is pregnant too! Well his girlfriend is anyways! And she's due on April 4th! I wish I was in Winnipeg so I could be... well I'm still just a cousin... but I'd be a great cousin (or would I...). Anyways I found this news out about 2 weeks after I found out about my cousin Catherine, so now I gotta busta move to crochet TWO baby blankets!!! Plus finish the one for my Grand Maman Fontaine.
Also Grand Maman Fontaine surprised me this trip with a wonderful cross stitched baby blanket. The story behind this treasure is that when Grand Maman finished up the baby blanket for my little cousin Matthieu (Juile, my cousin, and Tyler's little one), she showed it to her nephew, Christian, age 11, and he said "where's my baby blanket?" Grand Papa and Grand Maman laughed and said that he was too old for a baby blanket. His answer to that was "Not for me, for my baby." Of course Christian doesn't have a baby or even a girlfriend for that matter (well not to our knowledge).
That got Grand Maman thinking... she's got the health and time now, she should cross stitch baby blankets for all her 11 nieces and nephews. So there we go, when I got there, she was just finishing up the 11th blanket. When she showed it to me, I had to hold back tears. How wonderful a gift would that be to my little baby(ies)? A blanket made from their Great Grand Maman (that may or may not be around when they are born). I still can't even believe it! It's so beautiful too! Talk about touching! I'm really fortunate... and it's not even MY blanket!!

No comments: