Saturday, January 8, 2011

Waking from my gulttonous coma

The untouched tin of home made cookies and chocolate box are proof that I probably over did it this year. Of course just because I've over done it, does not mean that I will now starve myself. No way. I just plan on eating lighter, healthier again. When breakfast seems too heavy I usually go for a freshly juiced drink or a protein smoothie. This Veggie Detox drink I found in the latest issue of Bon Apetit. It's a wonderful way to start or end the day.



Veggie Detox

2 firm bosc pears, stemmed, cut into wedges
1 3/4 piece fresh ginger
5 medium carrots, cut into 2 to 3 inch pieces
2 celery stalks, cut into 2 to 3 inch pieces
1 baby beet, scrubbed, cut into wedges
1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley (stems and leaves)
2 tsp fresh lemon juice

Working in batches, push the above ingredients into juicer. Stir in lemon juice at the end. Serves 2.

1 comment:

RokMomma said...

mmm, that sounds yum! Add it to the list! :)