Saturday, August 22, 2009

Board Exams

So now with Europe canceled, what do I do with my board exams? Of course if I knew that I would be here from October to April I wouldn't be working 7 days a week and studying in my spare time. Instead Id be working 4 days a week and studying every day! Priorities shift. But I figured that I wouldn't need my registration because I would be in Europe until April and I deliberately booked my return ticket so that I would be back April 5th (in time to write my exam April 19th). So if I passed this September. Yay! If not, ah well.
Now... well Ill be here. Because the exam is in three parts I am studying really hard for both Jurisprudence and Clinical Sciences, leaving Anatomy and Physiology in the dust. I figure if I pass both of those in September then I can focus on passing the A&P portion and my OP in February. Sure I am still going to write the A&P portion and if I am smarter then I think... yippee! Unfortunately A&P and I are like oil and water. No matter how much sweet talking I do to it, we cant seem to come to an understanding. I need to coax it into my brain and then it stays... but it takes a lot of coaxing and a lot of time. It took me two weeks to cover and properly understand 4 chapters... when you have 22 chapters to cover... well you'll be moving at a snail pace... and right now I don't have time for snail pace. The part that I actually enjoy about A&P is that when I take the time to review it (or relearn it) I actually enjoy it, so I am ok with taking the time to go through it.
Luckily I enjoy working as a bodyworker, so an other couple of months doing so is no skin off my back. I am sure the school will raise their eyebrows if I fail but I think they'll be the only ones to care. I don't believe this reflects my ability as a therapist because I am sure I can pass the clinical portion and if I were to do the OP I could pass that too. Unfortunately the OP cant be done until I pass all of the written portions.
Ah well... it is what it is. Ill see how things go. Now... back to studying.

No comments: