Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Oh so yammy!

I like yams. I also like corny jokes. You can blame my Dad for that. :)

I've made this recipe before and I liked it so much that I made it so many times that I got bored of it. I think that's about to happen all over again. I was hoping to have enough patties for dinner, for a post soccer snack for Sean and for lunch tomorrow. Looks like Sean's snack is going to be a teenie one and so is my lunch. These things are phenomenal! The photo doesn't look overly appetizing but it is! Enjoy.


chickpea, squash and yam patties

• 1 1/2 cups mashed chickpeas (16 oz can or you can use dried that have been soaked over night and then boiled for an hour)
• 1 cup of squash grated (Erin and I use acorn but you can use any variety: banana, butternut, pumpkin spaghetti)
• 1 cup potato grated yam (or sweet potato)
• 2 tbsp fresh diced green onion
• 2 tbsp fresh diced parsley (this time I used cilantro because I grabbed cilantro instead of parsley)
• 1/2 tbsp dried dill (optional, I didn't put any in because I don't have any... plus dill is one of those things I don't like...)
• 1/2 tsp cumin
• ½ tsp red pepper flakes (more if you like it hot or less if you don’t)
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
• Safflower oil for frying

Mix all ingredients together in large bowl.

Add flour and use clean hands to work mixture together. Don’t over work it or it will not keep together.

Form patties in a size of your liking and fry in medium heat pan until browned on each side.

Thanks Erin for an other great recipe!

1 comment:

RokMomma said...

So funny! I did the same thing and OD'd on them and now haven't made them in ages .... guess what I'll be doing this weekend :) Thanks for the link sister ;)