Friday, December 11, 2009

Bye Bye Gourmet :(


It's a sad sad day in the world of Gourmet. For the past 3 years, I've had the magazine Gourmet delivered to my home. Though the magazine is riddled with big juicy meat recipes, it also has some beautiful recipes that can either be adapted or are meatless to start with. They also have stunning pictures (some of which I am going to frame and put in my kitchen, when I have my own kitchen one day) and educational articles. Heck! I just love anything to do with food. So having a magazine show up at my door once a month makes me happy. I loved catching up on the newest kitchen gadgets. Some were so neat! Really high end stuff wouldn't be found in the average foodie's kitchen. But things like that make me dream... makes me dream of what my kitchen would look like if money wasn't an issue (or if I had a kitchen of my own to start with). Ah well, it was fun while it lasted :) Time to find myself a new magazine that will challenge the foodie in me.

*Photo of most of the 2008 and 2009 magazines, the 2007 magazines are in some box somewhere. I've kept all of them and one day will take the time to put my favorite recipes in my recipe book. The little square of paper is what I received in the mail saying that I will no longer be receiving the Gourmet Magazines, but will receive Bon Apetit instead.

No comments: